Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Albert Stahl Podcast

In September 1997, I went to Michigan to learn about my great-grandmother Irene Stahl and her family. While I was visiting, I saw grave sites, heard stories, saw old homes and places about the Stahl family. It was a wonderful visit. Mary Lou had wrote down memories of her childhood and of her immediate family. She gave me a copy. Last week in my blog, I wrote about what kind of information you can gain from the censuses. I wrote about my great-grandfather Albert owning a hardware store in the 1920 Census and then in the 1930 Census I found that he was a truck driver. What happened? Well, Mary Lou wrote about that time period. I put a podcast on my blog this week with bits and pieces of what she told me about her father Albert Stahl. Listen to the podcast to find out why Albert went from owning a hardware store to becoming a truck driver.

3 comments:

  1. Your podcast reveals fascinating historical information and really fleshes out the life style of this family between two census records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe haircuts were only fifteen cents! Wow! Times have changed. :) Great podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story from the depression era on your podcast. I am impressed by his resourcefulness in finding other work to support the family.

    ReplyDelete