Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Joseph Henry and Mary Ann (Schultz) Petipren Family



In August of 1997, I visited my grandfather's two sisters in Michigan to learn about the Stahl and Petipren families. While I was there, I was able to make copies of some of the pictures they had of the Petipren family.This is one of those photos. There was no date on the photo so I do not know when it was taken, but the names of each individual was printed on the back of the photo. One of my grandfather's sister's shared some things about Joseph Henry Petipren and commented that he "was a handsome man - [and she could still] remember his snow white hair and mustache." She also stated that "he was retired from the grocery business - he owned a store in Anchorville, Michigan, and moved his family and business to the Detroit area." I think this is a great photo of my 2nd great-grandparents and their family.

Back Row (Left to Right):
Marion, Edna, Alice, Andrew, Irene, Edgar, Aldine, Agnes

Sitting Row (Left to Right):
Father Roy, Joseph Henry Petipren, Mary Ann Schultz


Sadly, two of their children are not included in this photo. They both died before this photo was taken.

Ceila Petipren was born on 9 October 1899 in Ira Twp, St. Clair, Michigan, and died on 27 April 1909 in Detroit, Wayne, Michigan.

Elmer Clarence Petipren was born on 10 April 1910 in Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, and died on 2 May 1910 in Detroit, Wayne, Michigan.

4 comments:

  1. Great photo! It really pays to analyze old photos and document things recorded on the back. They say you can date a photo by the clothing but I don't know enough about the era and the clothing to do that. It would be fun to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful photograph! That's neat that they were preserved all this time. I've always hoped to find treasures like that from my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that we're related

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say hello and thanks for posting this information. I am Jessica Plecas, grand-daughter of Grace Petipren and great-grand-daughter of Edith and Andrew.

    ReplyDelete